The Sailors take on the Western Slope League Rivals, Battle Mountain High School on Thursday Night. JV takes to the field at 4:00pm and Varsity will take the Field at 6:00pm.
The Huskies come into the game 4-3 on the season and 3-2 in league play. Battle Mountain has only given up 9 goals (1.28 GPG) on the season and have found the back of the net 23 times (3.29 GPG). #7 David Ortiz leads the league in goals with 7, and #3 Aaron Milligan has provided 4 assists for the huskies on the season. While Net minder Jack Skidmore is maintaining a 1.0 goal against average on the season.
The Sailors come in to the game after at tough home loss to Centaurus and looking for some redemption. The Sailors are 3-1-1 on the season and in the top spot of the WSL at 3-0-1. Steamboat has given up 9 goals (1.80 GPG) in 5 games and have scored 9 goals (1.80 GPG) on the season. Senior, #9 Nathan Depuy has 5 goals on the season, with 3 coming from #17 Cruz Archuleta. Jake Andersen will be back in goal for the Sailors and hoping to improve on his 38 saves on the season.
Come down to the game at Battle Mountain High School (0151 Miller Ranch Rd, Edwards, CO 81632) and support your Sailors! Can’t make it to the game, be sure to login online or listen live on Steamboat’s ESPN Radio 98.9 FM.
Players and Parents Travel information:
If any players feel that this is too much time away from classroom, then they can certainly opt not to travel, and/or travel with parents from the Battle Mountain Game and to the Palmer Ridge game. Please be sure to let your Coaches know if you plan to not take the bus and who you will be traveling with, if you will still be attending games.
Other Travel Notes:
- Food – This road trip we are going to have coolers of drinks/food and a shade tent so JV/Varsity can really support each other within their games…what we need from each player is to bring potluck style: Gatorade, bars, turkey lunch meat, cheese, rolls, and the like for pre/post game snacks that we will have on our sideline; (players can also bring cash to contribute to this effort and we will make a quick stop at City Market on the way out of town). We will not be making a store run before either games in Edwards. After both games we will sort out a group dinner.
- We will be staying, both nights at the Hyatt Place Park Meadows; breakfast is included both days. The cost for the hotel is a total of $50 (includes both nights and breakfast).
- Money – Players should bring $50 for the hotel stay, $3 for their ticket to the Regis Game on Friday, and cash for dinner/lunch food/snacks.
- What to Bring: Game Uniforms and warm ups; practice uniform (grey shirts); school work for study hall.
- Travel attire will be red polo shirts and khaki shorts or pants.